How does search work across all Sawdays websites?
We've recently updated our website search functionality. The search now works in two parts:
- By keyword search: guests can search by entering a keyword for location, place name or owner name and results will be returned.
- And / or filter: guests can filter results by capacity, country, type of place, features and special offers.
- If the keyword matches a country, region or town where we have places listed, the results will include all places addressed in that location. The order will be randomised for each user's search session. Example county search keyword 'Devon' or 'lake district'.
- Enter place name. Example: 'Hill view cottage'.
- Number of guests (Sleeps: drop down and you can select a number).
- Location: (select country).
- Accommodation type (Bed & Breakfast, Chalet, Hotel, Inn, Self-catering).
- Features: (Most popular: Children welcome, Limited mobility, Pets welcome, Swimming pool, Wheelchair access, WiFi)
- Collections: (our most popular collections, known as 'permanent' collections as they rarely change).
- Current special offers.
A summary of search filters are presented above the search results. These can easily be removed by clicking 'Clear all'.