How do I take good quality photographs?
10 Top Tips from Alec, our Photo Editor
- Beautiful shots impress guests - so use a proper camera, not a mobile phone!
- Better still, get a kind friend with an interest in photography to take the photos for you - or even a professional photographer.
- Choose a sunny day.
- Take landscape shots (where the photo is wider than it is tall).
- Keep the photo simple and uncluttered.
- Don’t include people in the shots…
- …but do send us a few nice shots of you, as we might be able to use them.
- Send us seasonal shots, so you can rearrange your photo gallery to reflect the time of year.
- Send us the original un-edited photo - no need to resize it.
- Remember the file size of individual photos should be no less than 1MB, and no greater than 10MB.