How do I set up availability with Sawday's?
Once logged in, you will see a new 'Manage Availability' button on your dashboard. Click this to get started!
Step 1: Standard rules
First you’ll decide how many months in advance guests can enquire and set up a standard rule that governs check-in days and minimum length of stay. Click all of the arrival days you allow and edit the lengths of stay as needed. Once done, click ‘Save & Continue’.
In the next section, you can add exceptions to the standard rules for specific periods of the year (Christmas, Bank Holidays, etc.). If you have multiple rooms/places, both the standard rule and any exceptions will apply to all of them.
Step 2: Manage your rooms or places
You’ll then manage each room or place individually by syncing them and/or manually blocking out dates, depending on how you’re planning to work. Click ‘Manage’ in blue next to your room(s)/place(s).
Step 3a: If you’re syncing with another calendar/channel
- In the ‘iCal Sync’ tab, scroll down to the ‘Other channels to Sawday’s’ section.
- Choose the availability channel you work with from the dropdown ‘Channel list’ (if yours isn’t listed, just select ‘Other’). Add in your iCal feed to the box and click ‘+ Add’. Do this for all of the channels you wish to sync with.
- When you’ve set up your syncs, carry on using your other channel(s) to add/edit bookings and these will automatically be reflected on Sawday’s.
- To check the bookings you have synced over, click ‘Manage Calendar Manually’ and scroll down.
- If you want to add bookings on the Sawday’s site and have them sync over to your other channels, go to the ‘Sawday’s to other channels’ section in the ‘iCal sync’ tab, copy the iCal link and add it to the admin areas of your other channels. You’ll then add your Sawday’s bookings in the ‘Manage Calendar Manually’ tab on Sawday's.
Step 3b: If you’re going to manage manually
- Go to the ‘Manage Calendar Manually’ tab and add all your current bookings or other reasons for closure.
- Label each booking or closure with a guest’s name or anything that will jog your memory next time you log in. Click the ‘From Date’ box and add the start date of the booking/closure, then click the ‘To Date’ field and add the end date (the next date available for new guests to arrive on).
- Click ‘Apply’ and the bookings/closures will fall into the list of ‘Unavailable Dates’ below.
- The 'Name/Reason' field isn't visible to guests, but for the sake of security, please don’t use payment details or other sensitive information in the labels.
Please note, if you’re going down the manual management route, then you’ll need to keep updating our system every time you take a booking or a room/place is unavailable for any reason.
Step 4: Publish and be booked
Once you’ve either set up syncing or entered blocked dates for all your rooms or places, click the ‘X’ to exit the window, and click the blue ‘Publish’ button. Your availability will then be live on Sawday’s and visible to browsing guests within 15 minutes.
To check it, head to your Sawday’s page on the website, add a guest in the ‘Make an Enquiry’ section, click ‘Check-in’ and the calendar will pop up. If you have multiple rooms or places, they will also show separately in the ‘Accommodation’ section halfway down the page.